“Outstanding work… Clear, focused, high integrity, excellent depth of knowledge, good humor, perceptive and sensitive, understands organizational culture, is flexible and delivers results on time. I highly recommend Maia!”
~ Dr. Philip Snyder,
past director of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society
Through my consulting firm, Five Directions, I help small business owners and nonprofit staff become more effective and achieve better results with customer and member engagement (e.g. increased sales, donations, volunteers, event attendance, and more).
The first thing you should know if you work with me:
I am a holistic, systems thinker and I love to connect the dots between things.
So, for example, if you’re with a nonprofit organization and you need help with marketing, I’ll give you expert guidance in that area. But I’ll also help you see how marketing can serve your overall organizational vision and goals, as well as how it can support your fundraising efforts.
In other words – be prepared for Big Thinking!
I especially love to work with people who are in the start-up phase of creating a nonprofit organization or business. I can help you think through your vision and mission statement, as well as guide you through the process of building a board of directors.
Mindfulness and other reflective practices are integrated into all my work, and my training as a cultural anthropologist gives me a holistic perspective on what it takes to run a healthy and successful organization.
You can learn more about how I’ve helped other organizations and individuals on this page.
Here are some of the ways that I can help you:
With more than 20 years experience in nonprofit organizations and five years of running my own business, I bring a great deal of insight, experience, and empathy into our sessions. I am intimately familiar with the opportunities as well as the challenges of being an executive director of a small nonprofit and a small business owner. I’ve also managed marketing, communications, and fundraising for a diverse group of nonprofit organizations.
I offer mentoring around a number of issues that are common to small nonprofits and business owners, including:
- Leadership: how to integrate mindfulness and awareness practices (like meditation) into your leadership style as well as your organization or business
- General organizational support: how to set up and run a nonprofit organization that will thrive even amidst challenging conditions
In these Strategy Sessions, I will support you to:
- Clarify what’s most important to pay attention to in your organization or business, right now
- Create a work environment in which everyone can thrive – including you!
- Create an effective marketing plan for your organization or business
- Design an effective fundraising plan for your nonprofit
- Learn how to use social media for maximum impact and minimum time-drain
- 1-hour session: $145
- Three-session package: $360 (save $75!)
- BONUS #1: When you book a Strategy Session, you’ll receive a complimentary copy of the Fully Engaged Toolkit.
- BONUS #2: At your request, I’ll make a video recording of our session.
Use the button below to schedule your session (choose “Strategy Session”). If you’d like to have a complimentary 25-minute call to see if this will be a good fit for you, please use the button below and choose “Complimentary Call.”
I am also available for research and writing projects. As needed, I call on my gifted team members to help with certain projects. These may include:
- “R+R” (Re-Connection and Renewal), workshops and other events custom-designed to help healthcare professionals and others integrate mindfulness into the workplace
- Program Evaluations, assessing the effectiveness of your organization’s work and documentation for funding purposes
- Focus groups, ethnography, and other qualitative research methods that give you a holistic picture of how your constituents or customers benefit from your service
- Other evaluation processes, particularly for nonprofit organizations (member surveys, program reviews, etc.)
Contact me through this page to tell me more about your needs.