Guidance + Encouragement Sessions
There is a wellspring of
nourishment, inspiration, and resilience
available to all of us, at all times.
That’s my core belief…
and that’s what I help you to discover
during a one-to-one “Guidance and Encouragement” (G+E) session.
How can a G + E coaching session help you?
“Guidance and Encouragement” sessions can support you to integrate spirituality and mindfulness practices into your life and apply those insights to your work, relationships, and other areas of your life.
G+E sessions are particularly helpful if you are seeking support with making big life transitions such as creating right livelihood or navigating through relationship changes.
Here are some ways that a G+E session may help you:
- Identify an awareness practice that works for you
- Apply the insights that are coming up in your practice to your career, relationships, creativity, finances…
- Dive deeper into the insights you got from my “Fall in Love with Your Work” e-course so that you can create a “liberation based livelihood”
- Get specific support in creating right livelihood, including pragmatic ideas on how to start or grow your business
How to Book Your Session
If you feel ready to work together, please use the handy-dandy scheduling button below and choose “Guidance and Encouragement Coaching Session.” If you’d like to have a complimentary 15-minute call to see if this will be a good fit for you, please use the button below and choose “Complimentary Call.”
Fees and Terms
1 session (1 hour) = $145
3-session package = $360 (save $75!)
You’ll have the option to pay when you schedule. Payment is due prior to the session and is non-refundable. If you need to cancel or re-schedule, please give me at least 24 hours notice. If you cancel less than 24 hours prior to a scheduled session, you will be charged in full for that appointment.
You don’t need to schedule a session right away if you’re not feeling quite ready. You do have up to a whole year after purchase to book your session.
What is a G + E session?
It’s a blend of spiritual guidance, coaching, cheerleading, career planning, resource connections, discernment… really, it’s customized to whatever your needs are in a given moment.
I do G+E sessions by Skype or phone, so I can speak with you no matter where you live in the world. If you happen to live in Santa Fe or are visiting the area, I am happy to meet with you in person.
More About Maia
We can access peace of mind and insights to help us live our lives with more freedom and kindness – no matter what our life circumstances. I believe this with all my heart because I have experienced it in my own life.
I love helping spiritually-oriented people figure out how to find freedom within the landscape of their life. I draw on my background as a counselor, meditator, chaplain, maven and mensch — all in the service of helping you to find a deeper connection to your core purpose and to create more possibilities for your life.
I have a down-to-earth way of helping you to access your own wisdom so that you can more effectively address questions and challenges in your life. I’m a great listener and am skilled at helping people cut through confusion to gain clarity on how to take next steps.
I’ve been a meditation practitioner since 1994. In 2012, I was ordained as a lay chaplain by Roshi Joan Halifax after graduating from the two-year Buddhist Chaplaincy Training Program at Upaya Zen Center. I’ve also served as an associate coach on Pamela Slim’s “Indispensable” program, based on her book Body of Work. For 10 years (from 1983 – 1993), I worked in the mental health field as a counselor and music therapist.
I love to work with people who:
- Understand the value of awareness practices (such as meditation) and are actively using these kinds of practices in their life – or aspire to do so.
- Want to explore how the insights that come up in these kinds of practices can be harvested and applied to daily life, in areas such as livelihood, creativity, and relationships.
- Are curious and open-minded.
- Have strong creative tendencies.
- Are community-oriented, have a desire to be engaged citizens, and long to contribute to the creation of a more just and peaceful world.
How The Process Works
Before the session:
- Once you sign up for a session, I’ll contact you and we’ll get it on our calendars. I’ll also send you a short questionnaire to help me understand more about what’s happening in your life now and what you’d like to get out of our session.
- Session fee is prepaid via PayPal and is non-refundable.
- If you want to see if it makes sense for you to have a G+E session, I welcome your email — just drop me a line at maia [at] maiaduerr [dot] com
The session itself:
- We spend an hour together via Skype (or phone if you’d prefer).
- At your request, I will make a recording of the session — you don’t have to take notes!
- Lucy the Wonder Dog may make a special appearance…
- I follow up with an emailed summary of the session and suggestions for action steps to help take you where you want to be.
Conversing with Maia over Skype added a significant element to my experience of the “Fall in Love with Your Work” course. Maia’s just-right questions pulled out of me more than I knew was there. This conversation animated all the rest of my work–and stirred some new ideas as well. Maia’s approach has helped me to find an island in a sea of searching.
~ Heather Cohen
~ J.G. Agu
Maia is a gentle, compassionate guide. She helped me focus and get a grip on what felt like wildly disparate things. Maia blends Eastern philosophy with down-to-earth, concrete action items, so there is a connection with a greater purpose. I was never left feeling like, “That was pleasant, but how do I put this into action?”
~Dr. Patty Lee